Followers

Saturday 28 July 2012

July nearly gone..........

Hi
Well another summer (lol) month has nearly gone by here in the UK and July has been a poor month in terms of posts for me. I can usually put that down to the fact that I have spent all my spare time out in the sunshine, on the water, jet skiing, but sadly that (due to our dreadful weather) is not the case. I just haven't had any crafting mojo this month, simple as that. I am not working this weekend and still can't get myself motivated, some of that I think can be put down to getting up yesterday at 5.30am for work and staying up till 1am Saturday morning watching the opening ceremony of the 2012 Olympics, which I thought was absolutely fantastic. Well done Danny Boyle, what a year we have had for showing off, lol.

Whilst I am just lounging on the sofa, and to show that I haven't fallen off the planet, I thought I would post a couple of cards I made for my two nieces birthdays recently. Both are quite removed from my usual style, but they are for a 5 and 8 year old.

A dabble into decoupage CD crafting courtesy of Linda Ravenscroft. I have to admit that I found the whole cutting out process very therapeutic. I have highlighted the water in her hands and on the petals with glossy accents. I have also added diamond stickles tot he wings and around the edges of the card and fairy topper.
The 8 has been cut several times on my cricut and decoupaged for depth with a touch of bling added.
Tag has been die cut. Happy Birthday sentiment came free with a magazine.

and the second card using craft artist professional, again cutting the number, this time a 5, several times with my cricut to again add dimension finished with some bling. I have matted and layered my craft artist project several times and happy birthday sentiment is with cork scrabble tiles,
sometimes I really enjoy creating something different from what I normally do, it's good to try new things.
Hopefully see you all soon with a fully workable Mojo.
Love Amanda x

3 comments:

  1. Two very different but each very nice cards!
    I have used the cork and just love it too!
    The little fairly card is such a sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The both are very cute Amanda!

    greetings, Alie :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Amanda, well done on making top 5 at at TIOT, I was so surprised to see my name there too. So nice to have hopped onto your blog this morning, it's lovely and I'm your newset follower too. Wonderful cards on your blog. Michelle x

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for taking the time to leave me a comment, I really appreciate it.