Followers

Saturday 1 March 2014

Think Pink!

Hi everyone and a special hello to my latest followers, thankyou for joining me on my journey, hope you enjoy the ride.
This week at stampotique designers challenge the theme is 
"Monochromatic" use only one colour.
sadly, this week, a colleague of mine found out that she had developed breast cancer, whilst her prognosis is good, as they have caught it early, I have been trying to support her at this time. In support of all the work that goes into raising money for breast Cancer I am highlighting awareness of this through my entry into this weeks challenge and called my piece
"THINK PINK" 
 named after the wonderful charity organisation that does so much to support breast cancer.
I
My stamp is the fabulous Moth Fab stamped on to tissue paper face arms and bag painted from behind before sealing onto the piece with multi matt medium.
I have used Alterations postage stamp frame cut from mountboard several times for depth.
Used every pink shade of paint I own
and several kaiser kraft texture stamps

text cut from dictionary paper
Bit of bling and pink bakers twine finish the piece.
thanks for stopping by please feel free to leave a comment as I love to hear from you
have a nice weekend
Love
Amanda X
 


12 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous with a wonderful mixed media feel.
    Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

    ReplyDelete
  2. A brilliant pink moment - and Moth looks wonderful! What a clever way to highlight a great charity - and I'm wishing your friend every success with treating and beating her cancer.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic project, hope all goes well for your friend.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just seen the news over at SDC - yippee!! Congratulations - I'm looking forward to this...
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful Amanda, Moth Fab looks wonderful in pink, and what a great way to support the charity xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks great! Thanks for sharing your creation over at SDC

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Amanda, Moth Fab is one of my favorites! You did an amazing Job - pretty in pink :-) Thank you so much for joining us at SDC.
    Tanja

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love Moth Fab helping you out to support a wonderful charity. Your card is awesome!

    Gentle Hugs are being sent to your Friend, hope she is successful in her treatment:-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amazing project, Amanda, love the pinky page!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I will add your friend to my prayer list, Amanda--I am so sorry to hear of her diagnosis of breast cancer. I love your pink creation in her honor, coinciding with the Stampotique Designers' "monochromatic" challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I loved this when I saw it on FB , so beautiful, amazing colour and image
    Love the pink background textures and how you extended onto the frame

    Jools x

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for taking the time to leave me a comment, I really appreciate it.