Followers

Friday 4 August 2017

Anything but a card for That's Crafty Challenge Blog

Hi everyone

I'm here today as it's the start of a new challenge fortnight over at That's Crafty Challenge Blog and our theme for the next 2 weeks is
"Anything but a Card"


For my 'Anything but a card' piece I have used one of the That's Crafty MDF shrines, this one is ATC box sized. 
To decorate the front I used a piece of kraft card that I gelli printed onto, I added detail to the print by using one of Carabelle studio Printing stamps this one was Ronds. The inside I painted using the same colours into an ombre effect. Before I cut the print and added it to the front of the shrine I added some stitched detail with a sewing machine. 

One I had glued it to the front I trimmed it to fit and then added torn tissue paper, paint splashes and paint rings, lastly I added one of Alison Bomber Paperartsy words stamps.
The flowers are some of the new greyboard bit and pieces these are from the small funky flowers set. 


Painted with red acrylic paint I then laid tissue paper behind and filled the gaps with glossy accents and trimmed the tissue when dry. I then made stems for them using rusty wire and drilled holes in the base to feed the wires though.
Stamping detail inside the box are all using That's Crafty stamps.
Front piece added to the box is a Carabelle studio stamp. 

We would love it if you played along with us this fortnight and share with us your anything but a card make, to further inspire you the team have created some fabulous pieces which you can see HERE.
Also if you enter you could be the randomly chosen winner of a £20 online voucher to spend at That's Crafty online store.
Thanks for stopping by
love
Amanda X

15 comments:

  1. This is a stunner Amanda! So much gorgeous detail and texture and love how you made those flower stems. Just inspirational!
    Love, Fliss xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely fab! Amanda. Brilliant design and composition . Love it x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this, such a funky make, I did wonder if the stitching was real so now I know ;)
    No.1 fan hugs
    Xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab project, love all of the colours and features.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous design - the funky flowers look stunning with the their rusty wired stems and stitching is perfect! Nikki x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Look at all that stitchy goodness, what a great feature and looks fab on the front of your shrine. Very very clever to use those funky flowers in such a way. Super make Amanda.. Hugs Tracey xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this. This is absolutely awesome. Crazy mad about the flowers. Neat techniques, love it, will have to craftlift.

    ReplyDelete
  8. An amazing little "flower home " Amanda, so wonderful with the sewed details, and the text stamping and scraps of papers inside, and love your flower stems :-). Alisons Monet quote is perfect there. !!
    Love, Dorthe, xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely wonderful, Amanda - this makes my heart sing with pure pleasure! The funky flowers are such fun, and I just love the quote with the doodled frame around it (must remember that one!). The torn tissue text works brilliantly with the vivid blue and I love the splatters and distressing. A fabulous makeover for the Calico shrine - perfection!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great piece....wonderfully original

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great design love all the papers and embellishments x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Its a fantastic project Amanda, great details.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous project Amanda glad you shared the details of how you made it as I thought the stitching was stamped. Love the colour and the red funky flowers are brilliant. Avril xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for taking the time to leave me a comment, I really appreciate it.